Monday, May 7, 2007

That's Enough, Thanks!

Ask and ye shall receive...and receive...and keep on receivin'. Late Saturday afternoon it started to rain. Then it just kept comin'. I think in the Aberdeen area, we ended up with 9-10". Needless to say, there is some severe flooding goin' on around here. Unfortunately, our house was not spared. We ended up with about 6-8" in the basement. Jim was able to find a couple of sump pumps late Sunday evening, but the water seems to still be seeping in. **sigh** I guess we're in for a long week of cleaning up. Even though we got alot of water, we were lucky compared to some people in town. I'm going to try to attach some pictures so you can get an idea:


The picture above was taken on the north end of town (we live on the south side). The cars are parked at a curb, on a sidewalk that goes in front of an apartment building. The railing is leading to the front door.

Here is another one of someone's basement. The caption on this photo said that these people got 5 FEET of water. Um...I think I'll stay with the 6-8" that I got, thank you! These pictures, by the way, are from keloland.com.I don' t really have much else to report. I do have a couple of cute kids stories, I guess, but I think I'll save those for tomorrow. See you then!

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Ick! That just icks me out. I'm glad you guys didn't have that problem.

Nicole said...

Um...could you send some of that rain to the southeast? We're dry as a bone out here!!