Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Boobie Question

So, here is the story...

Lately, Evelyn has started to notice...well maybe she's noticed before, but she's starting to ask about boobs..."Mom, why does my doll have boobies?" I know it's normal, all little kids go through it because they're starting to notice that people are different. It doesn't make it any easier to answer.

Last week, Jim was giving Evie a shower when she said, "Daddy, why don't I have big boobies?", as she tried smushing her chest for cleavage. The conversation continued like this:

Jim: "I don't know, but please don't talk to Daddy about boobies."
Evie: "Why?"
Jim: "Because it makes Daddy uncomfortable. You can ask Mommy."
Evie: "Yeah, cuz' she has BIG BOOBIES."
Shy Whistler
I hate to be the one to disappoint her, so I think I'll just let her think that.

Aren't you glad you waited?

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

If she ever comments on my small boobs, all bets are off! (giggle)

Anonymous said...

That is WAY too cute!!!

Tracy said...

Oh the joys of motherhood....ugh!

Jennie Thompson said...

That's hilarious!! Good answer Jim!